BREAKING NEWS: The Supreme Court has overturned Roe v. Wade – the 1973 case that made abortion legal in all 50 states, resulting in an estimated 630,000 abortions in 1990 alone (the last year these figures were made available by the government). On this page, you’ll find audio files to share with loved ones, news articles, press releases, helpful contact information for pregnancy support services, and more.
- Find the local pregnancy support centers in your community and offer your time as a volunteer or other ways to provide support. We’ve collected many here on our pro-life page.
- View the Nebraska Pro-life Directory created by Nebraskans Embracing Life HERE.
- The Nebraska Catholic Conference has released a statement. View it HERE.
“Please join the Nebraska Catholic Conference in offering a Te Deum to the Holy Trinity. During what will be a tumultuous time going forward, let us ask for the assistance of St. Michael the Archangel. Finally, whenever the abortion issue features prominently in the news and culture, it can be difficult and traumatic for those who have previously experienced abortion—pray for their healing, encourage them to contact Project Rachel’s post-abortion healing ministry (1-888-456-4673), and let them know there is hope after abortion.”.
- Download a one-pager from Nebraska Catholic Conference with tips for building a pro-life culture in this post-Roe era.
- Shortly after the news broke, Spirit Catholic Radio carried special breaking news coverage of the Dobbs decision with special guests Bishop Hanefeldt of the Grand Island Diocese, Marion Miner of the Nebraska Catholic Conference, Laura Buddenberg of Essential Pregnancy Services, and Fr. Padraic Stack of St. Pat’s in Elkhorn, NE. Listen to the audio below:
- Fr. Padraic Stack celebrated mass at Spirit Catholic Radio’s Chapel of the Word Incarnate Friday morning – after the decision was announced. Listen to the audio below for his moving and powerful homily:
“Abortion presents a profound moral question. The Constitution does not prohibit the citizens of each State from regulating or prohibiting abortion. Roe and Casey arrogated that authority,” the opinion states. “We now overrule these decisions and return that authority to the people and their elected representatives.”
- View the statement made by Archbishop George J. Lucas, of the Archdiocese of Omaha HERE.
- View the statement made by Bishop Hanefeldt of the Diocese of Grand Island HERE.
- Watch a video HERE with Bishop Joensen of the Diocese of Des Moines as he reflects on the decision and next steps.
- View the statement made by Bishop Conley of the Diocese of Lincoln HERE.
- Read the latest updates from EWTN’s Catholic News Agency HERE
- Spirit Catholic Radio is your local pro-life radio station! Below you’ll find a number of helpful pro-life programs. Find our complete program schedule here.
- Catholic Answers | Weekdays from 5-7 p.m. CT
- Spirit Mornings | Weekdays from 6:40-9 a.m. CT
- Trending With Timmerie | Wednesday at 8 p.m. CT
- Christ is the Answer with Fr. John Riccardo | Weekdays at 9 p.m. CT
- Ready to Stand | Saturdays at 5 p.m. CT and Sundays at 5:30 p.m. CT
- Pro-life Weekly | Saturdays at 7:30 p.m. CT